Saturday, November 1, 2014


Good morning November!  I am blogging this morning to give an update on where I stand as of yesterday.  This week I can celebrate a loss of 3lbs, down to 205.6lbs.  I did train on Monday and Friday, and got a run in before yesterdays session.  By the way, I would recommend considering a personal trainer if you, like me, have a hard time with the accountability piece.  My trainer, Patrick Willard, is the owner of Heart in Sol here in Greensboro.  Visit http://heartinsol.com/ if you are interested in pursuing the next step.
So...I left training feeling great about the weight loss for the week!  From there I headed to my brother's house to spend Halloween evening with his family.  It was a great place to hide from the Trick or Treaters who pile into my neighborhood from all over the city! 
We had tacos and fixins.  Instead of using shells for my meal, I instead chose a bed of lettuce.  This allowed me to save a couple of hundred calories.  Good choice right?

Here is my food journal from yesterday.  Sorry it's a mile long!  The day went well until I had that weak moment that I talked about with a couple of you guys where I decide that due to the victory of the three pounds, that I should be rewarded for this effort by having Sweet Frogs yogurt.  Though I still managed to stay within my calorie allotment, that 700 calorie "reward" definitely hurts my chances to maintain that loss.  I think that I might publish my food journal every day to keep myself on the up and up.

Ultimately, the question is: Eat to Live, or Live to Eat.  Truly at the moment I am 50/50 on most days.  My goal is to obviously be more on the Eat to Live side, but just being real, it is still a struggle for me.  I want to be a good role model for my kids as they grow up, and I also know that my Pop is watching my moves now from a place of understanding and I want to continue to make him proud.  So, I can strive to make one good choice after another and not lose sight of the ultimate goal that I have for myself.  :-)

As always, thanks for reading and here's to another day! 








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment