Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tattoos and Weight Loss

So I have just come home from Golden Spiral Tattoo down on Elm. Feeling a bit lopsided since the left half sleeve was completed back in the spring, I decided to celebrate this beautiful day off by not only thinking of the Veterans in my life, but also by becoming symmetrical once again and beginning the right half sleeve!
It's about halfway done after today's session, and I am more than pleased. This arm selfie was taken about an hour into the outline. The red that you see is sharpie marker. The majority of this tattoo was hand drawn today when I got there. Yeah.



As of tonight, the outline is done, and the shading has been started. It will be awhile before I go back because the artist I use is crazy good, and therefore booked way out!

Anyway...while being held captive in that chair for 4 hours, I started thinking about this weight loss journey. Notice that I am in a tanktop in the selfie. It is my opinion of myself...if I am gonna put on a tanktop and show myself in public I better feel confident enough to do just that!
So I asked myself today...why does one get a tattoo in the first place? I know there are many reasons for this choice truly, but ultimately it is because you want yourself or others to see it. You are begging for the comments and conversation..."Why did you get it? What does it mean?"

If you are willing to do this, then you need to get in shape so that when the time comes to show off your ink, you feel the best that you can about your body! Coming on winter as we are, I could hide away under my clothes because the weather allows it, or I could use this time to buckle down, go above and beyond, and be ready for the spring time.

I frustrate myself sometimes with my stubbornness over weight loss, but tomorrow is a new day and fresh chance to make things right.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment