Sunday, December 14, 2014

Well...I hate to admit to the world, but I suppose I fell off the wagon a bit over the last month.  I have spent quite a bit of my life doing things for the short term rather than seeing them out completely.  I can't explain why this is the case, but it most definitely is true. 
This blog is supposed to be a public confession for my doing, though good or bad, and a place for people to be able to call me out.  I don't like the feeling that I get when like this weekend, someone asks me how the weight loss challenge is going, and I have to fudge my way through an answer because I am ashamed of how I am doing with it.  It sucks truly, but I put on a happy face and say that I am still working towards my goal.
I have a desire to buy an apple laptop, and I as well as Jaclyn told myself that I will not go into the Apple store until I make it under 200lbs.  I do plan to uphold this deal, and I don't care how long it takes. 
I have been thinking a lot about my dad this weekend, and I know that weight was a constant struggle for him while here on earth.  I want nothing more than to continue to make him proud, so I am making tomorrow the start of a new leaf.  Everyone I know is now saying, "Yeah right!" as I have said this so many times, but I really do want to be successful.  I am going to see how many pounds I can lose between now and January 31st to start, and then go from there. 
I have to be real about the fact there people who struggle with a food addiction really do want to be different.  My biggest weakness as I have been discussing with my trainer is: not being willing to push myself when it comes to giving up my temporary happiness to achieve long-term success. 
I am going to strive to spend the next month "ish" practicing "smart eating", and try to avoid added sugar and fried foods. 
We will see how things go, and I welcome anyone who reads this to send me a FB message asking about it!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment